Wednesday, December 16, 2009

December 16th - Big Bummer

This is where I should be showing pictures of Brody's Christmas Party at preschool, but I can't because he couldn't go. He doesn't know that he missed it, I didn't tell him - but tell you what...I am bummed enough for the both of us.

We thought we'd gotten through the stomach bug with just Ella getting sick, but last night on the way home from my parents Brody threw up all over the car. We got home and got the kids settled and spent about an hour in the freezing cold hosing off the contents and seats and floor of the van. It came clean pretty easy, but I was cold (and it was mostly Brandon who was doing it). Brody was sick a couple more times but seems to be on the mend now - too late to go to his party. Bummer.

Ella also developed a lovely case of diarrhea - probably too much information, but it leads into me saying she now has the ugliest diaper rash I have ever seen on any of my kids. It is AWFUL. She screams with pain during changes - which due to the aforementioned diarrhea are quite frequent. Last night while we changed her Brandon held her down so I could lather her rear with ointment and she was hitting him in the face. If I didn't think she was hurting so bad it would have been almost funny.

So, we are at home...doing more nasty laundry. But, on the bright side...now they've both had it and hopefully we are done.

Later today a friend is bringing by Brody's gift from the gift exchange, so that may have to be our Christmas activity for the day. Bummer. Thats all I can say.

No comments: