Sunday, December 14, 2008

December 14th - Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa

Tonight we celebrated Christmas with Grandma and Grandpa Mullin because they'll be away on Christmas Day. We had a nice dinner and yummy treats and we all exchanged gifts. It was the first time this season there has been any unwrapping - so it was fun to see Brody get excited.
Ella got the 2008 set of coins from each of the mints. And...her very first buggy. I love that word - that is what people here call grocery carts. Funny huh?
She probably would have been just as happy with just the boxes - but we are looking forward to many walks around the neighborhood in her girly pink buggy!
Brody got the Fisher Price Smart Cycle. OK! The best toy ever! He is still learning to use it, but it will help him with pedaling and coordination. He rides the bike while the game shows up on TV. Grandparents think of everything - a toy that is entertaining and gets his energy out! Wa hoo! Perfect for the next few months of cold weather!
Brandon got this wall hanging - pretty neat. It is custom made of iron. The Texas Star is hugely popular here and we are probably one of the few families who don't have it displayed somehow. So now we will proudly hang our Texas Star on the wall of our play room. It might move someday if we ever get to build the backyard of our dreams - but for now I want it where I can see it. We are thinking we'll go with a red/white/blue texas themed playroom when we go to decorate - so it will fit in perfect. We love it!
Last but certainly not least...we gave Grandma and Grandpa their Christmas gift from us, Amy and Will, and Stephanie. They will be having delivered on December 17th (hopefully!) a brand new freezer! We are so excited about this because they have been trying to survive with the smallest freezer. Now they can go to Costco and actually shop!
AHHH! When I posted this last night I forgot to mention what I got - I woke up this morning and thought of it so I have to add...my present was a really cool brownie pan that makes every piece of brownie with an edge. I love the edges of brownies! Mom and Dad surprised me by bringing a pan of brownies they had made in their edge pan so I could taste them - so yummy! I am already trying to think of other things I can make into all edges.

It was a very fun night of laughing and relaxing and eating. Christmas may only come once a year - but we like to stretch it out in our family! So fun.

1 comment:

Lindsey and Ben said...

Fun! Fun! Fun! I love celebrating Christmas and dragging it out! We will miss you guys on that day!