Thursday, December 25, 2008

December 25th - Christmas!

Christmas morning started at about 8:00 for us with the pitter patter of Brody's feet on the floor above us realizing we had "locked" him in his room. I hear "Mommy...are you coming??" I got a quick start on breakfast before we got the kids up, so on my way up the stairs I hear again "Mommy, are you coming?" I reply yes, to which he asks again, "are you coming?" This is an almost daily ritual for us - so I think it is a joke for him to ask again and again. At first he was bugged that I wanted him to go down stairs (he wanted to play in the play room instead) after reminding him that Santa had come he was a little more enthusiastic about going down stairs. We got Ella ready and headed down together, stopping for a traditional picture on the stairs.

Brody saw his train table from Santa first - so then he insisted he must find the trains. We were able to get him to open his Santa presents before breakfast and gave him some time to play with the trains before moving on. After breakfast we finished opening - and we've been playing ever since! I will let the pictures tell the rest...for our family not with us today we hope you enjoy the videos! We videoed the kids opening a few gifts from out of towners. Now that I learned how to do it with our camera I will try to do more video often...so stay tuned!
For Aunt Marilyn:


For Aunt Stephie:


For Aunt Amy:


For Aunt Stephie again:


3 comments:

Mrs. Claussen said...

We will be in Orange County from the 26th to the 30th. I will have Paul call Brandon tomorrow so we can see you all and FINALLY meet Miss. Ella.

Keep blogging. We love it. I feel like we never missing being away from you all. We always know what is going on.

Anonymous said...

I've loved watching all the days before Christmas, but Christmas Day is definitely the best. The videos are great, and hearing the excitement in Brody's and Ella's voices are just perfect.

Have a great trip, and Happy New Year.

Love,
Aunt Marilyn

Lisa said...

You have to tell Brody that we got a "Horton one" too!! Cute videos! It looks like the kids had a fun Christmas.