Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Ice Storm
Until today I hadn't stepped out of my house - not even to get the mail - since Monday, and even then it was only in the car to Shannon's house and then home again. On Sunday we had our air conditioner on - the weather was in the mid 70's. The very next morning it was 22 degrees. Monday night Brandon and I went out on the driveway and slid down it in our shoes because it was all iced over. It stayed in the 20's Monday and Tuesday and then today it was up to 42. We are headed back towards the 70's at the end of the week - for I think a day and then it drops again. The weirdest thing. I've lived in cold weather, but this is so different from Utah. I am not complaining though - it could be worse. I could be living in Fargo, North Dakota where it is always in the negatives. Sorry Kyle and Meagan - I have been thinking of how you are coping with a toddler indoors for months. Good luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I was gonna say....20s? I feel sooo bad for you guys! haha That's like a heat wave! Get out your flip flops and sandals! Thanks for thinking of us. It should be an interesting few months for us! Merry Christmas!!
Yup--ice is sooooo fun, if you don't actually have to walk on it. My driveway is like yours, but I have such a nice downhill slide onto the street...Now it's covered with 5 inches of new snow, so it's even more slippery.
Merry Christmas
Love,
Aunt Marilyn
Post a Comment