Monday, December 22, 2008

December 22nd - Snowman Day!

Today we made a snowman family out of construction paper, pipe cleaners and cotton. I must admit how difficult this project was for me (the mom) because I HATE cotton. Can't stand to touch it. I can wear it, but I can't bear to touch cotton balls. I have learned to tolerate q-tips (thanks to the the cardboard stick). Don't ask me why - I don't know. I think some of it has to do with dentists over the years telling me to bite on those cotton things in your mouth. Yuck!

Brody did catch on quick and had a blast making this little family. He even wanted to keep going claiming we needed a "Ma-Maw and Pa-paw" aka Grandma and Grandpa.

Daddy & Mommy

Brody & Ella

We stayed home all day getting ready for our trip - the kids and gifts are packed into only a part of one suitcase! Hooray! Brandon brought home a collapsable duffle bag that we are packing to have room to bring home a third checked bag. I wish American Airlines would drop the bag fee now that gas has gone down. I won't hold my breath though. A few more days and we are all getting pretty excited!

We had a Christmas Miracle happen today! Our builder who for months has been ignoring my nagging phone calls and nasty messages did something! They didn't actually call me back - BUT they arranged for a heating person to come fix our heater - tomorrow. With it getting even colder lately the babies are waking up with blue lips - and that is no good! We turned up the temp, but it still didn't help. The unit is working, but no warm air is blowing out of the vents - and they are open (we made sure to check that!) So I will HAPPILY make myself available between 1 and 5 tomorrow for someone to come fix it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great snow family. Hope the heater is fixed now. We got almost 2 1/2 feet of snow Sunday evening into Monday AM. It looks lovely, but it's a pain in the neck, and other places, to shovel.

Merry Christmas.

Love,
Aunt Mairlyn