Sunday, December 21, 2008

December 21st - Merry Christmas Charlie Brown!!

Sunday's are not always easy days for our family - so I was pretty excited about how today went so smoothly. We were only 10 minutes late for church (but still in time for the Sacrament!), and I already had dinner made in the crockpot when we came home. The kids were good at church, Brody has had no accidents lately, Ella FELL ASLEEP at church...wahoo! It was a GREAT day for us!

After dinner we made some brownies, snuggled on the couch and watched what I think is the best Christmas cartoon movie ever - Merry Christmas Charlie Brown. I love it! I love when Linus recites the scriptures telling Charlie Brown why we celebrate Christmas. It makes me happy that there is a movie out there that isn't so commercialized. I think our family is "winding down" and settling in for the holidays. We are trying to stay warm and just spend lots of time together. It will be my first Christmas ever just being at home with our family and not with all the extended family travelling from house to house for different parties. I haven't been real sad about it though - I think I am too excited about seeing Brody's face on Christmas morning. Christmas is so much more fun with kids! We are so excited though to go see family in California on the 26th!

No comments: