Thursday, December 18, 2008

December 18th - Gingerbread Houses

Today was Gingerbread story time at the library, but we were late. I thought that there was another session at 11:00 so I waited around, checked out some books, sat in the story time room, read to Brody and then it occurred to me the leader of story time came in, gave me a weird look, and then took all the equipment and walked out. I thought it was strange that at 10:45 there was no one there for the 11:00 story time. Alas, it was because there was no 11:00 story time. Oops.

Plan #2 - Instead we made a gingerbread house out of graham crackers. Nothing fancy, just left over frosting from the cookies and some candy from Walmart. It was a fun little project for Brody, although I think he had more fun making up stories about the gummy bears. That is one trait I have seen him develop lately - his ability to do make believe play. It is really a crack up to hear what kind of stories he comes up with.

In this scene, the gummy bears are surrounding another little gummy bear in the middle (it is clear so you can't see it too well) but the little bear in the middle is Ella and she is crying because she has no toys. All the other bears are trying to make her happy by giving her toys.

Our finished Gingerbread House!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful gingerbread house! I think the stories Brody makes up must be worth hearing, and I hope, recording in his journal.

Love,
Aunt Marilyn