This is not one of my favorite Christmas activities but I do it because I love eating them, and it is Brandon's favorite Christmas treat. I must say though, a few years ago I was given a new recipe and it has really changed my view of sugar cookies. I could never before make them soft - they always were crunchy and it wasn't because they were burned. Anyway, I love the recipe the only down side is it makes a TON of cookies. We frosted after dinner tonight and I think Brody did 3 before we had to cut him off. It is funny to see him sneak licks and tastes along the way though.


There was 99 cookies from this one batch of the dough cut into Christmas trees, snowmen, stars, candy canes and bells. It is a lot of work - but I like the way they turn out every time! (I'm a freak about frosting and the cookies have to be the appropriate color - I am even a little disappointed that we didn't do more with our snowmen, but we did those last and we had sort of lost our steam -- I try not to inhibit creativity, but I draw the line at yellow colored Christmas trees and purple snowmen. I just can't handle it)
2 comments:
They look awesome. Share the recipe on your blog!
That freaking alot of cookies!!! They sure do look yummy though, I'll have to try your recipe out.
Post a Comment